||Chicago Oracle User Group - Summer 2007 Meeting featuring the Duncan Mills of Oracle and Shaun O'Brien of Piocon
The Chicago Oracle User Group will meet August 13th, 2007 featuring Duncan Mills (Director of Product Management in Oracle's Development Tools) and Shaun O'Brien (Principal Consultant at Piocon) at the conference facilities of:
233 South Wacker Drive
Chicago, IL 60606
Please register as soon as possible to ensure a place at this exclusive event!!!
- 3:00 - 3:15 Welcome and introductions (Eric Broughton - President of the Chicago Oracle Users Group)
- 3:15 - 4:30 Duncan Mills presents "User Interfaces for the Google Generation"
Abstract: Traditionally user input into application UI design has been confined to broad topics of what data to display, field order and maybe color scheme. Today, however, users are exposed to rich, web delivered functionality every day on the public internet and the levels of expectation for in-house applications are rapidly rising in response. We all know that it's just not that easy to build these sorts of interactive user interfaces from the ground up, but help is at hand.
This session will concentrate on the next generation of ADF Faces components, the Web UI Technology used by the Oracle Fusion project. I'll be showing how developers will have access to all of the functionality expected of a modern AJAX based application, but with none of the pain.
- Speaker: Duncan Mills is Director of Product Management for Oracle's Application Development Tools - including Oracle JDeveloper, Forms and the ADF Framework. Duncan is currently responsible for product direction, evangelism and courseware development around the development tools products. He has been working with Oracle in a variety of application development and DBA roles since 1988. For the past 14 years he has been working at Oracle in both Support and product development, spending the last 8 years in product management. Duncan is the co-author of the Oracle Press book: Oracle JDeveloper 10g for Forms and PL/SQL Developers - a Guide to Web Development with Oracle ADF.
- 4:30 - 5:45 Shaun O'Brien presents "SOA in the Wading Pool""
Summary: To many people, SOA may seem an overwhelming paradigm and something reserved for huge organizations with even deeper pockets. This could not be further from the truth. This session will introduce the newly released Oracle SOA Suite. This presentation is geared towards reducing the barriers to entry for SOA development. Basic SOA concepts will be covered as well as how Oracle is enabling SOA development by virtue of Fusion Middleware and specifically the Oracle SOA Suite. In one hour, attendees will develop the confidence to lead their organizations into the SOA pool without worry that they?re heading in over their heads.
- Speaker: Mr. O?Brien is a recognized technical evangelist possessing 10 years experience in application design and implementation. He is an accomplished enterprise systems architect, identity management expert, systems administrator, and integration specialist with extensive experience in the creation of highly available, enterprise systems.
- 5:45 - 6:15 Group discussion moderated by COUG President Eric Broughton
- "Are you planning to use Oracle's Fusion Middleware in your upcoming projects?"
- Open discussion, networking, and distribution of sponsor prizes!
We look forward to seeing you at your Chicago Oracle User Group meeting to hear from our prestigious speakers and network with other Chicago Area Oracle professionals. A big thank you to our sponsors for this event: Oracle Corporation (http://www.oracle.com) and Piocon Technologies (http://www.piocon.com).