Welcome to the Business Intelligence, Warehousing and Analytics
Special Interest Group (BIWA SIG) Website!
Conference Site http://www.BIWASummit.org
Visit BIWA Blog http://oraclebiwasig.blogspot.com/
Keynotes by Ken Inman (Neustar) and Balaji Yelamanchili (Oracle)
Hands on Labs: OBIEE, Spatial/Mapviewer, Oracle Data Mining, Oracle R and more...
See Recordings here: http://www.ioug.org/p/do/si/topic=278
Call for Speakers for "BIWA Summit " at Redwood City, CA Jan 9,10 2013 is open at http://BIWA13.org
Thanks to all participants at "BIWA Summit " at COLLABORATE 2012!
BIWA invites all Oracle professionals (experts, end users, managers, DBAs, developers, data analysts, ISVs, partners, etc.) to submit abstracts for 45 minute technical webcasts to our Oracle BIWA (IOUG SIG) Community in our Wednesday TechCast series. To submit an abstract, you need to be a BIWA SIG member.
* Already a BIWA SIG member? click here to submit a BIWA TechCast abstract.
* Not yet a BIW member? Joining is FREE and EASY. Simply click HERE to enter your information and request to become a member of the BIWA SIG. You will be sent an email so you can Login and then submit your abstract.
Our audience is technical so BIWA Wednesday TechCasts presenters are encouraged to include a significant amount of technical detail. Live demos are strongly encouraged. Each BIWA TechCast starting this Spring will be recorded and posted on the BIWA web site for on-demand viewing. TechCasts will be selected based on the interest to the BIWA community of data analysts, business analysts, line of business (LOB) managers, application developers, architects and DBAs.
If your abstract is selected, you will be contacted and invited to present on a Wednesday BIWA TechCast at 12:00 EDT that is convenient to your schedule.
Example topics of particular interest to BIWA summit attendees include, but are not limited to the following:
Data Access and Data Integration
- Data quality
- Extraction, transformation, load (ETL)
- Accessing distributed data
- SOA integration
- Data Governance
- Master Data Management
- Tuning warehouse for performance
- Faster cubes for faster information
- Managing images
Reporting and BI Dashboards
- Better reports and better information
- Custom BI environments
- Real-time analytics
- Interactive dashboards & EPM
- Essbase and OBI EE
- Predictive analytics
- Data mining and text mining
- SQL Statistical functions
- Fraud detection
- Market basket analysis
- Churn prevention
- OLAP - building and using "cubes"
- What if? analysis
- Leveraging spatial data
- Time series and forecasting
- Harvesting more insight from your data
Tips & Tricks
We hope you can join us as either a BIWA Wednesday TechCast presenter or attendee!